Haarlem in the Netherlands and Mutare in Zimbabwe maintain an official relationship. The Haarlem Mutare City Link cooperates with local authorities and other organizations but is an independent institute. The City Link acts as a meeting point and intermediary between groups and organizations in Mutare and Haarlem on joint activities.
The five principles of cooperation:
- Sustainable development;
- Activities in collaboration with locals;
The working groups consist of volunteers, experts, and staff.
The majority of activities and projects in Mutare are proposed by groups and organizations in the city of Mutare.
1. Stimulate grass root organizations;
2. Educate and coach youths;
3. Generate support in Haarlem and Mutare;
4. Promote exchanges and meetings.
Global Citizenship Education
Youth and Art Exchange
Empowerment Through Sport
Youth Peer Education
Home Based Care